Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Any performance mods for 2012 Grand Caravan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 08:51 PM
YouCantKeepAGoodVanDown
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any performance mods for 2012 Grand Caravan?

Hello all, I'm a brand new owner of a 2012 Grand Caravan SXT. Ive been anti van all my life until the recent addition of our newest family member, making our head count at 6, so obviously the Grand Caravan was the lesser of all evils.

Anyway, is there anything out there that I can bolt on/mod to my van to give it some more kick other than the usual K&N air filter stock replacement? I love to tinker with stuff and do custom car audio full time so that side of the van will be taken car of.

Any suggestions?

Old 11-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Montreal300
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diablosport has a Trinity tuner for the Dodge Durango 3.6l but I didn't see anything for the Caravan. THAT would be a nice addition. You could also check the Dodge sites for the Challenger to see if those guys have found any tweaks for the 3.6. Other than that, you're out of luck because the 3.6 is so new or this could be adapted.
http://www.whiplashsupercharger.com/index.html

Last edited by Montreal300; 11-29-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:40 PM
YouCantKeepAGoodVanDown
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm. Do you know of any exhaust kits out there? Or what kind of hell I would cause the emissions computer if I did a cat converter delete?

Old 11-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Montreal300
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't seen anything for the Caravan exhaust system. I would think that pipes can be done anywhere and there is a large selection of mufflers available from Magnaflow and others for V6 applications.
If you dropped or gutted the cats you would get a CEL from the secondary O2 sensors but I don't think anything would happen. There are plug in electronics that connect to the O2 harness and make the ECM think all is good to keep the CEL off if it bugs you.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Any performance mods for 2012 Grand Caravan?