Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Problems with accessories not working after timing belt change.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 03:38 PM
trdriver71
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with accessories not working after timing belt change.

I just replaced the timing belt in my caravan with a 3.0 it is a 2000 grand caravan. I have no headlight and no gauges and wipers and also no interior lights as well as power locks. I was thinking it might be the ignition switch anyone else with some ideas?

Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All functions of the Body Control Module (BCM). Try either pulling the IOD fuse or disconnecting the negative battery cable for 2-3 minutes to reset it.

High beams working? They are independent of the BCM.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 PM
yoyo7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem but not power door locks. I pulled the instrument cluster and saw one crack /solder on pin where main connector attached. Took care of that and no change.
I am leaning to replacing BCM. I don't know what dealers do to find codes to check for that. I have a code checker and no codes showed up.

Did U get yours fixed since late last year??

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Problems with accessories not working after timing belt change.