Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Do Caravans have universal wiring harness?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 01:18 PM
airwolf9090
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do Caravans have universal wiring harness?

Okay I know on my Jeep ZJ all the models 93-95, 96-98 shared the same wiring harness so if one had something and one didn't all you had to do to add say the VIC to the non-limited model you just had to get the VIC and sensors and plug them in,

So what i am wondering is it the same for the Caravans? Do they share the same wiring harness? Like at my local junkyard they have a 01 Caravan with all the power options (Windows, doors, fog lights, etc, etc) While my 02 Caravan is the plain jane model, could i just pull all the power options off the junk yard one (Mirrors, doors, fog lights, switches, relays, etc, etc and it be all plug and play like how it is on the Jeep ZJ's?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:43 PM
airwolf9090
Rookie

Anyone?

Old 12-21-2013, 01:22 PM
wely195

Originally Posted by airwolf9090
Okay I know on my Jeep ZJ all the models 93-95, 96-98 shared the same wiring harness so if one had something and one didn't all you had to do to add say the VIC to the non-limited model you just had to get the VIC and sensors and plug them in,

So what i am wondering is it the same for the Caravans? Do they share the same wiring harness? Like at my local junkyard they have a 01 Caravan with all the power options (Windows, doors, fog lights, etc, etc) While my 02 Caravan is the plain jane model, could i just pull all the power options off the junk yard one (Mirrors, doors, fog lights, switches, relays, etc, etc and it be all plug and play like how it is on the Jeep ZJ's?
Not sure for your model, the best thing to do is to pull the cover behind one of the add on you would like to install to see if the harness plug present in there.

I did add th VIC on 2005 Caravan and the donar was GC 2003 and worked fine as plug and play.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Do Caravans have universal wiring harness?