Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 caravan 3.3 liter

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 AM
sauria
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 caravan 3.3 liter

Problem: Engine has a light knock at all times and when running high RPMs, it bogs down and releases repeatedly (maybe 2 second intervals). This is while sitting and revving the engine with a steady pedal. the knock was noticed about two weeks ago. Lees than one week ago, the check engine light came on and the egr valve was replaced. That is when I noticed the high rpm issue.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:06 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sauria
Problem: Engine has a light knock at all times and when running high RPMs, it bogs down and releases repeatedly (maybe 2 second intervals). This is while sitting and revving the engine with a steady pedal. the knock was noticed about two weeks ago. Lees than one week ago, the check engine light came on and the egr valve was replaced. That is when I noticed the high rpm issue.
sauria,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you've experienced. Since the EGR replacement, is the check engine lamp still on? Was the dealer able to experience the symptoms you've described?

Old 02-07-2014, 01:13 PM
sauria
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The check engine light has not been on since the egr valve replacement. I have not taken it to a dealer at this point, but will be taking it later today. I just don't know how long it is going to be before they get to really looking at it if it is not a simple problem.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:06 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sauria
The check engine light has not been on since the egr valve replacement. I have not taken it to a dealer at this point, but will be taking it later today. I just don't know how long it is going to be before they get to really looking at it if it is not a simple problem.

sauria,

When bringing the issue to the dealer's attention, it would benefit the diagnosis process if you are able to show the service dept. specifically what is occurring with the van. Perhaps sitting in the vehicle and demonstrating the concern is necessary. Be sure you speak with the Service Manager for additional technical advice.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2006 caravan 3.3 liter