Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 07 T&C Climate control module swap or bulb fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 PM
J Wikoff
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 T&C Climate control module swap or bulb fix

The HVAC control in my wife's van has a burnt out backlight bulb. For the price of a used one, I'd just assume swap a different control module in, and maybe fix the bulbs later in my spare time on the original. We have the manual control 3 zone HVAC like in the first link. would it be easy enough to swap in the auto control module like the second link and have it fully functioning? I see there is a sensor up in the center vent, and some buttons are relocated, like the rear wiper. Would it be plug and play as long as I got the appropriate face plate with the module, or are there wiring harness differences and/or other components located elsewhere that would be needed?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310864450627?redirect=mobile
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221341403451?redirect=mobile

Old 02-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If only it were that easy. Lots of different stuff on an auto temp over the manual system. The connectors on the rear are different, the manual temp has a 22 pin and a 10 pin, the ATC has 2 13 pins and a 4 pin. Blower resistor is different. Need the sun sensor. the rear IR sensor. But on the bad side, I don't believe you can get the bulbs for them either so you would need to get a used one just to get bulbs.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:10 PM
J Wikoff
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so getting a matching unit is the way to go. Thanks!

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 07 T&C Climate control module swap or bulb fix