Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: I need help... key fob stop working after I changed car battery.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 01:23 PM
peterkim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help... key fob stop working after I changed car battery.

I need some help. First off, I have a 2008 Dodge Caravan SXT. My car battery was dead so I changed it, but then afterwards, my remote fob stopped working. It will still start the car, but my power door lock/unlock and my remote starter button stopped working. So at least I can open the driver side door with my key, then start the car, but this is really annoying.

After doing some research online, I figured that my fob and my car went out of sync, and there are alot of "how to re-sync" advices but for other models and brands. I am wondering if anyone knows how to resync my fob. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing in your owners manual? Need one? Download one from the Dodge website.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:52 PM
peterkim

Yeah... I have the manual... and read it... but nothing. I have done my research needless to say.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can go to Autozone and use their RKE tester to test if your key fobik even work.

have you try a new battery for your key fobik?

Old 03-07-2014, 07:32 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

you have more than one key? if I think you use second key to on (don't start) then turn the next key one you replaced battery start the vehicle.

then turn off the vehicle and retry to open and close doors using the second key.

if that does not work open the door with the one works and try closing it with the one that does not.

other option is check if ya actually put in the correct battery or way it goes iin

Old 03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
peterkim

The battery that I changed was the car battery, and I have three fobs. I have checked all the batteries on all three fobs and they are showing more than 3v, so that's not the problem. All three fobs start the car no problem, they just don't do the power door and remote start. This has happened to no one else?

Old 03-07-2014, 08:10 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

sorry did not realize car battery. I think I had this issue too when I removed the battery terminals. although at the moment I drawing blank on what I did. try removing the battery terminals once again and connect them and see if that reset it. I think you may of triggered a alarm on the system ignition safety.

Originally Posted by peterkim
The battery that I changed was the car battery, and I have three fobs. I have checked all the batteries on all three fobs and they are showing more than 3v, so that's not the problem. All three fobs start the car no problem, they just don't do the power door and remote start. This has happened to no one else?

Old 03-10-2014, 11:35 AM
peterkim

so far, I've tried everything... does anyone else have another solution? Thanks.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:26 PM
peterkim

Anyone???

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: I need help... key fob stop working after I changed car battery.