Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Grand Caravan rear wiper does not touch window

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 04:17 PM
JKC27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Grand Caravan rear wiper does not touch window

I saw a thread from 2011 re: same issue - however I don't think it was the same issue. So....I have brought it up again.....

Here is what my issue is. The rear wiper blade does not touch the window at all - if I use the washer fluid it just pours down the window - wipe is useless, even though it does move back and forth.

I have tried to adjust the nut that holds the wiper down, however it will not push the wiper blade any further down. I am guessing that there is probably almost a 1/4" from the window to edge of blade (or just slightly under this). I can push the arm join into the window pretty easily and pretty far considering the circumstances.

Is there a way to tight down the arm so that the blade actually wipes the window????

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-11-2014, 11:11 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JKC27
I saw a thread from 2011 re: same issue - however I don't think it was the same issue. So....I have brought it up again.....

Here is what my issue is. The rear wiper blade does not touch the window at all - if I use the washer fluid it just pours down the window - wipe is useless, even though it does move back and forth.

I have tried to adjust the nut that holds the wiper down, however it will not push the wiper blade any further down. I am guessing that there is probably almost a 1/4" from the window to edge of blade (or just slightly under this). I can push the arm join into the window pretty easily and pretty far considering the circumstances.

Is there a way to tight down the arm so that the blade actually wipes the window????

Thanks in advance!
JKC27,

I'm sorry to hear about your rear window wiper issue. When did you first notice the wiper had lifted? Have you replaced the rear wiper before? With the blade lifting from the rear window, it is possible that the wiper arm is bent, or an issue may be present with the blade itself. If you press the wiper to the glass, does it spring back off?

Keep us posted if you can,

Old 03-11-2014, 12:25 PM
JKC27

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
JKC27,

I'm sorry to hear about your rear window wiper issue. When did you first notice the wiper had lifted? Have you replaced the rear wiper before? With the blade lifting from the rear window, it is possible that the wiper arm is bent, or an issue may be present with the blade itself. If you press the wiper to the glass, does it spring back off?

Keep us posted if you can,
It seems like it's not really the blade or the arm, but the part where it attaches to the window? It can be pressed quite far down and it springs back up and there is lots of "wiggle" to it.

This has come up within the last 6 months. Like I said, using the washer fluid on the back window is pointless as the wiper does not touch the window at all anymore.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:56 PM
SportCaravan
Amateur

Had that issue as well. Work in some WD40 or the like at the base of the arm and it should restore adequate contact.

Here's a video on that problem. Work it in and give it time:

Last edited by SportCaravan; 03-11-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:16 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JKC27
It seems like it's not really the blade or the arm, but the part where it attaches to the window? It can be pressed quite far down and it springs back up and there is lots of "wiggle" to it.

This has come up within the last 6 months. Like I said, using the washer fluid on the back window is pointless as the wiper does not touch the window at all anymore.
JKC27,

If you are having difficulty isolating what is causing the issue, a trip to your servicing dealer can help to efficiently locate the issue. In some cases the repair may be related to the wiper spring rather than a complete assembly.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Grand Caravan rear wiper does not touch window