Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Front Passenger Side Whistling noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Corey.l.bailey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Passenger Side Whistling noise

Hey Guys this is the first time hearing this.... (only because I turned the radio off and had the windows open)

But it is a loud whistling noise from the front passenger side.

When you turn left to right the noise goes away but going straight it whistling like crazy.

Didn't help that I was getting Tired and it was 3am in the morning but my buddies were all going what the heck is up with your van as we were driving home.

The van has 33,000 km and the brakes aren't pulsating at all yet.

The van goes into the dealer on Tuesday but I use to work in that industry and got the usual if this isn't a brake issue its a $49.95 fee to check your brakes blah blah blah.

I have the Extended warranty from Chrysler to extend the basic warranty from 3 years 60,000km to 5 years 100,000.

If anyone has had this before please let me know I kinda want to provide more information when Tuesday comes because this van also use to scream like a banshee in the morning when it was really cold say -10 weather.

Now from posts on here some people had this same thing and a friend of mine with his 2013 had the same noise at cold start but would go away once he was driving.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-12-2014, 01:34 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Try using painters tape and tape around the windshield and maybe the A-pillar of the front door. Make sure you remove and cross bars for the luggage rack.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Front Passenger Side Whistling noise