Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2011 caravan window broken carrier plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 08:57 AM
zcane75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 caravan window broken carrier plate

Last week my window popped loud as I was rolling it down. Then it slid Into the door and won't roll up. The motor runs though. Dealer said it was a broken carrier plate. Max care service contract won't cover since they consider it to be trim 325 total cost.

Does this seem accurate? From what I found the carrier plate is just a big plastic panel. Do these break often? If it was any mechanical part and not trim my warranty would cover.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So much for the "Max" in Max care eh!

Not sure what's meant by "carrier plate" but judging by the description of your problem it sounds like the cables or the plastic parts that anchor the cables broke sending your window careening into the depths of your door. You'll need to replace the window regulator assembly consisting of the guide rails, cables, and the drive motor. Not at all familiar with a 2011 but in general these assemblies can be had for under $100. These assemblies are buried well inside the door so I'm baffled as to why Chrysler considers this as "trim".

Last edited by Cougar41; 04-27-2014 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:02 PM
gnichols700
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zcane75
Last week my window popped loud as I was rolling it down. Then it slid Into the door and won't roll up. The motor runs though. Dealer said it was a broken carrier plate. Max care service contract won't cover since they consider it to be trim 325 total cost.

Does this seem accurate? From what I found the carrier plate is just a big plastic panel. Do these break often? If it was any mechanical part and not trim my warranty would cover.
Max care should cover it. Contact customer service. If it indeed is not covered then take it to an auto glass shop. Just not Safelite... find a local owned shop. It may be a simple fix but will definitely cost less to repair.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2011 caravan window broken carrier plate