Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: 93 AWD caravan 3.3 no spark

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 09:19 PM
bigGARRETT88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 93 AWD caravan 3.3 no spark

This Van has been going me the run around. So i got the van little over a month ago ran just fine for the first week. I decided it should have a little bit of a tune up to try and improve the mileage, and that's where it all went wrong. So I changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter, and added fuel system cleaner. After all of that is started to get a bit of a sputter when trying to accelerate(especially up hill). So I checked all the spark plug wires with an OEM meter and they were all fine. So I drove it home from the store one day, it ran just fine and then wouldn't start later that day(still hasn't). Since it had no spark I changed the coil and since it still didn't spark I changed the cam positioning sensor, still no spark. I was advised to check to see if it was still getting fuel and the fuel pressure is still good. I checked the relays, including the auto shutdown relay and all worked perfectly. I am at a loss now. Changing the crank position sensor is the last thing i can think of. Any and all assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:08 AM
bigGARRETT88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump!

Old 08-04-2014, 12:56 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Scan the module for codes. And post if you have P0340 or P0344 codes. With any codes its only a guess. Also that year had fusible links for the ignition system, you may want to start checking the fusible links by the washer bottle.

Last edited by master tech; 08-04-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: 93 AWD caravan 3.3 no spark