Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan shaking issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Mseymour72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan shaking issues

I recently got stuck with my van, and I had no severe shaking beforehand. But now my van shakes quite a bit at around 60mph. I had to get pulled out by another vehicle and my first guess is it could be my leaf spring on the passenger rear, because thats what was pulled on. But I do not even begin to know how to check or if it is even a reasonable thought to believe my leaf spring is the cause of the shaking. I checked my tierods on the from passenger tire, and I believe they are fine. There is however a little play shaking the tire left to right.

I was wondering if anyone would know where to start with this issue. I also recently got my tires balance so there isnt an issue there, And it seems like my van now has a tendency to pull to the right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Side note, I have a 2000 caravan that I recently acquired for parts. Wondering if I should have to worry if any of the parts would not be interchangeable.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:49 PM
zerorisers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like a hub bearing issue with the play on your wheel. I would suggest replacing the hub bearing, having to do the same on my 2000 grand caravan.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan shaking issues