Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: help

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:08 PM
orkamcclurg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry help

yes im stressed i have a 1997 dodge caravan, i checked the relay for the blower motor in my fuse box under hood by swapping it with the starter relay, it was good, i checked the fuses all of them and i have replaced my blower motor resister, but no fan at all, any ideas

Old 05-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The power flow for the blower motor is like so......starts with a 40 amp fuse in the PDC and then goes to the blower motor relay. From the relay power goes to the blower motor and through the motor to the hvac control head. Turn the blower control to high speed and the control head grounds the blower motor. No resistor needed. So check for power at the blower motor with the controls in high speed, should have power at the colored wire and nothing at the black wire. No power, go back and check the fuse, jump the relay, etc. working your way to the motor. Power at both sides, you have no ground, have to check the hvac controls. Powers are correct and no blower, motor is bad.