Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: 98 AWD Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 04:59 PM
carafan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 AWD Questions

So i have a Plymouth Grand Voyager LE i am going to bring back from the dead it has those stupidly expensive Nivomat shocks in the back it is unknown at this time if they are good or bad but with 225.000 Km i would lean toward not so good first is there any way to test them for to know for sure i know with gas charged shocks you just push down on them .
The van has sat for 2 years most of that in a garage and has some definite sag in the back my understanding is the Nivomat's can take a while to "charge up" and level the van out is this accurate ?
If these are shot there must be a way to change the springs and shocks out from a non Nivomat van ? Has to be . Thing is if i have to replace those shocks i will junk it right where it sits i have bought most of the parts required to get it on the road rack struts link kits bushings and brake lines but i can use them on the other vans as needed so no big loss really .
Also i read an article where it said on the AWD's you can remove the rack from the driver's side instead of dropping it from the bottom anyone ever do it this way ? Anything i should be aware of ? I dont have the time or patience to drop the drive shaft :-)

Old 06-26-2014, 02:09 PM
carafan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone ? No ideas at all ?

Old 06-30-2014, 04:48 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Sorry, You would need to drop the K frame and remove the cross over beam above the transfer unit.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: 98 AWD Questions