Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Electronic Key Oddity

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 06:24 AM
LuvMyVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasn't a case of RFI/EMI. The facts negate that possibility.

If it was, others in the parking lot would also have had the problem. That is unless the jamming signal emanated from my car.

Then there was the time issue. The overall time period was too long where the Electronic Key failed.

Then there was the fact I kept trying the Electronic Key over and over again. Right up until the point that the Borough Police Officer drove me to my car. First I tried the Electronic Key. It failed just like it had been failing for the last 45 minutes. Then the officer had the door open. Once inside I started the car then shutoff the car. Then the Electronic Key worked again.

No, it wasn't RFI/EMI. The car was rejecting the Electronic Key transmission up until the point I started the car then shutoff the car. Then the Electronic Key worked again as if starting the car reset something. It was a case of rejection and not jamming/interference.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:42 PM
LuvMyVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has now happened twice.

If I just unlock the door, NADA.

If I unlock and then open the door, the electronic key works again.

Quick Reply: [General]: Electronic Key Oddity