Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Vans & CUVs > Dodge Caravan
Reload this Page >

2008 Gr. Caravan Ignition problems

Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2008 Gr. Caravan Ignition problems

Old 07-07-2014, 11:00 AM
gordyk
Default 2008 Gr. Caravan Ignition problems

GordykCANADA. I have a 2008 Dodge Gr.Caravan. WIN does not seem to recognise there is a key in place. Vehicle will not start (or crank over) and even in the ACC postion the radio doesn't work nor do the power windows. Everything seems to work okay from Key FOB (I have 3 of them) I can even initiate Auto Start from the key FOB, lights flash, engine starts okay. I get in the vehical, put the key in WIN and nothing happens.
Can't pull gear shift out of park position. The vehicle is programmed to shut down if after a certain length of time if no key has been inserted into the ignition, so after a few minutes the engine shuts down as it supposed to. It just didn't seem to recognise the fact there was a key in WIN. Has anybody had any experience like this. I have had suggestion on replacing the WIN. Guess what they are on backorder (what does that tell you). They're on backorder so there must be a lot of problems around but everybody so far are treating me like I'm the only one in the world that has encountered this problem. Can anybody help, or come up with a suggestion (even if it;s just replacing the WIN).Gord. [email protected]

Old 07-07-2014, 11:10 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator

Welcome. Please read the section descriptions so you post in the correct area. Moving to the Caravan section.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:30 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

I do one every week or so. They shouldn't be on backorder. There are WIN kits available now that come with 2 new FOBs and a WIN module for I think around 350 bucks.

Last edited by TNtech; 07-07-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:29 AM
gordyk

Originally Posted by TNtech View Post
I do one every week or so. They shouldn't be on backorder. There are WIN kits available now that come with 2 new FOBs and a WIN module for I think around 350 bucks.
Thanks TNtech, Now in the hands of the dealership. Hope thay have a tech like you on site. They did mention the replacement WIN with the two key fobs. Said they would check to see what they could find and then replace if necessary. keeping my fingers crossed (that kit is $464 + $60 tax in Canada). Did you ever wonder why they should suddenly fail, like what cause that. In my case sometimes in would work for a few days, but this last failure seems like a total. Thanks again, gordykCANADA

Old 06-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Suedatt
Default 2008 Grand Caravan

No ignition, windows don't work. WIN module suspect, there is a recall on this item. Have an appointment at the dealer. Will update.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:56 AM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Um ok.

They should have a crapload of them in stock.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:32 AM
WiRik
Amateur
Default Recall Notice received

I just received a recall notice from Dodge ( FCA-Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to be exact) to replace the WIN module and FOBIK's on a 2010 Grand Caravan.

Had a similar recall done a few years ago, does anyone know if this recall will have improved components?

We have been experiencing intermittent issues with the 1st recall completed.
Here's hoping this second one will solve the problem.

Recall# R03/NHTSA 14V-373 was stated on the recall notice.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:31 AM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by WiRik View Post
I just received a recall notice from Dodge ( FCA-Fiat Chrysler Automobiles to be exact) to replace the WIN module and FOBIK's on a 2010 Grand Caravan.

Had a similar recall done a few years ago, does anyone know if this recall will have improved components?

We have been experiencing intermittent issues with the 1st recall completed.
Here's hoping this second one will solve the problem.

Recall# R03/NHTSA 14V-373 was stated on the recall notice.
The L-25 recall was just blatantly cheap and stupid. This is a good fix as far as I can see.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:42 AM
WiRik
Amateur

Originally Posted by TNtech View Post
The L-25 recall was just blatantly cheap and stupid. This is a good fix as far as I can see.

Thanks TNtech, Let's hope this latest fix is good, and getting a couple new fobs is good!

Old 06-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Suedatt
Default Update

They replaced the WIN Module and the vehicle starts ok, got two new keys too. Will see how it works.

Plan to replace both lower arms and sway bar bushing and links.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 Gr. Caravan Ignition problems

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.