Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Window stuck in UP position. Need help diagnosing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:38 AM
stembridge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window stuck in UP position. Need help diagnosing.

I have a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan, and the drivers side window won't budge anymore. It is a power window. I took the panel off and it appears the motor is working; but the cable just shifts from theft to right when hitting the button.

Here's a video illustrating the problem.

Not sure if the regular and motor are bad, or one or the other. Any ideas?

Also, if I do have to replace the regulator, how the heck do I unclip the window from regulation with it up full position?

Old 08-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Odds are the motor is toast specifically worn brushes. Try tapping the motor as you attempt to lower the window. Replace the brushes or just take the cover off and clean the brush area. If that doesn't do it replace the whole assembly. $50 -120 EBay, Rockauto, the dealer.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:17 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar41
Odds are the motor is toast specifically worn brushes. Try tapping the motor as you attempt to lower the window. Replace the brushes or just take the cover off and clean the brush area. If that doesn't do it replace the whole assembly. $50 -120 EBay, Rockauto, the dealer.
+1 on that.

Look at the plus side, at least its not stuck down.....

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Window stuck in UP position. Need help diagnosing.