Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: Left rear wheel won't spin

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 03:14 PM
chuckpr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left rear wheel won't spin

My '98 Dodge Grand Caravan LE left rear wheel drags for a few minutes while driving. When I have the van jacked up the wheel does not spin unless the lug nuts are loosened. The bearings check out to be fine, that is no noise when driving and no play in the hub. Hub spins very well. Braking seems to be fine. Caliper is not leaking.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:05 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is possible that the line to the caliper is bad. This happened on my van. The brakes would apply fine, but would not disengage for a about 30secs after braking.

Try compressing the caliper with the line attached. If it goes easily it's not the case, if it is hard to compress, remove the line and try it again, if it then moves easily, the line is deteriorated inside and needs replacement.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Maybe the wheel is hitting the caliper and causing the problem. Tighten the wheel and turn the wheel and see if its hitting or maybe the pins holding the caliper.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: Left rear wheel won't spin