Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: brake tube (line) replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:17 PM
larry1030
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default brake tube (line) replacement

Has anyone replaced the driver side front brake line on 4th Gen (2002) GC with ABS? It is very hard to get to: I have followed the service manual procedure, removing the battery, battery tray, and moved the speed control survey out of the way.

The procedure now goes on to suggest removing all the brake lines from the ICU and remove the ICU itself by unbolting it from inside the car.

My question is, do I really need to do all that to get that left front brake line out and put in a new one? It is really snaked around behind the ICU, but has anyone been able to work it out without removing the ICU?

This particular line wraps around to the left (as seen from the front) and then back behind the ICU and to the right, then down near the wheel well and finally to the right to mate with the brake hose at the mounting bracket.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:22 AM
IndyMike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your layout is different than the one on my '97 Caravan. I did find the following HCU diagram online

HCU: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ey_model=15482

From the image, it looks like the same HCU used on my '97. Just mounted in a different location.

I can't tell you what you need to take off to get to the Drivers front line because I don't know the routing on your 2003.

The tube "assignment" for the HCU appears to be the same as for my '97. The layout for my '97 is:

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: brake tube (line) replacement