Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Esp bas and traction control lights on

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 11:33 AM
jew1028
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esp bas and traction control lights on

I have an 08 grand caravan sxt 3.8. The other day we were driving slow in town and all of a sudden it felt like our front brakes were locking up and the. The esp bas and traction control lights came on. As soon as the lights came on the brakes were fine. I took the van out again this morning to check if it was still doing it and it did the same thing. What could this be? I am thinking maybe a wheel speed sensor but we haven't had any abs lights come on.

Old 02-23-2015, 11:59 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jew1028
I have an 08 grand caravan sxt 3.8. The other day we were driving slow in town and all of a sudden it felt like our front brakes were locking up and the. The esp bas and traction control lights came on. As soon as the lights came on the brakes were fine. I took the van out again this morning to check if it was still doing it and it did the same thing. What could this be? I am thinking maybe a wheel speed sensor but we haven't had any abs lights come on.
jew1028,

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Have there been any error codes set?

Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

I agree with Dave P. Have the vehicle scan for codes and let us know what the codes are. The problem could be a sensor, but it could be anything with high speed can buss system.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:40 PM
jew1028
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had it checked. It is the steering angle sensor/clock spring. I also discovered I have a small coolant leak at the corners of the intake manifold gasket. I have never done an intake gasket on this vehicle but I have worked on other vehicles. It doesn't look to be too difficult, what's your opinion?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Esp bas and traction control lights on