Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Replaced the Radiator Today @160+ Miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 11:42 PM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replaced the Radiator Today @160+ Miles

It seems this is pretty common for these vans, at least once anyways.

I found a puddle under the van that formed overnight. Upon inspection I found it to be the radiator on the drivers side bottom at the core to tank junction.

I viewed some UTube videos first and found on the ones I viewed they did it kind of the hard way.
Some leave the fans leaning toward the engine, some even leave the top cross brace in place.
I pulled my cross brace and fans and had plenty of room to work.

The only little hassles were:

1. The fans have red safety lock tabs on the connectors that require a tug with needle nose pliers to remove before they will unplug. Mine did not break and re-installed fine.
  2. To get the radiator out one needs to lift the AC Condenser/Oil Cooler up an inch or so because they have mounts that go into tabs on the radiator.
  3. One of my AC lines needed to be carefully bent over just a teeny tiny bit to allow my radiator to lift out.
One guy reported his drain petcock was clogged and I found mine needed to be turned until it popped out a bit. I got about a gallon but the bottom hose is still going to make a mess if you don't have a pan.

Discount Auto $110.00
Easy Peasy Job.

Sorry I did not think of you guys earlier in the job and get more pics.

Shown is the cross brace removed.

Shows the working room

Old 08-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Dan400Man
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C oil cooler catching on radiator

2therock, I know this post is 4 years old. If you happen to see this within a few days of posting, could you take a look at my post?

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...-radiator.html

Thanks!

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Replaced the Radiator Today @160+ Miles