Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: STRANDED 03 Caravan SE 2.4 stalled while driving Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 08:38 PM
jans41
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NEED HELP
I cant figure out what is wrong with this car????
Put in new programmed ecm/pcm today and still no start.
How can I diagnose this when there are no codes?
Please Help my car has been stranded for a week now.
Car has correct fuel pressure, but no spark is getting to the plugs.
I have replaced
coil pack, spark plugs, plug wires, relays and now new programmed ecm from autocomputerechange and it still wont start.
Please anyone with any ideas help, I dont know what to do next.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:21 PM
tjnc
Professional

My best suggestion is check every ground on the van with negative disconnected and low-grit sand them all and use a lot of grease on each.

Most cars actually have less than 10 total, actually usually around 5 that everything splices in to. I've been meaning to document them all for years but never have. Knowing their locations actually makes diagnosing electronic problems a lot easier.. There are some under the dash and under panels that are hard to get to.

I've done this on Hondas before that had really obscured ground issues because they are all properly documented and I didn't have to tear the car apart looking. C/GC doesn't have this perk and has a bigger body..

Last edited by tjnc; 06-19-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:52 PM
jans41
Smile Thank you

Originally Posted by tjnc
My best suggestion is check every ground on the van with negative disconnected and low-grit sand them all and use a lot of grease on each.

Most cars actually have less than 10 total, actually usually around 5 that everything splices in to. I've been meaning to document them all for years but never have. Knowing their locations actually makes diagnosing electronic problems a lot easier.. There are some under the dash and under panels that are hard to get to.

I've done this on Hondas before that had really obscured ground issues because they are all properly documented and I didn't have to tear the car apart looking. C/GC doesn't have this perk and has a bigger body..
OK I will do this next can you tell me where some of the ground contacts are on the caravan?
thank you for the advice

Old 06-23-2015, 05:07 PM
jans41
Question Timing Belt Replacement 2003 caravan 2.4

Originally Posted by jans41
OK I will do this next can you tell me where some of the ground contacts are on the caravan?
thank you for the advice
After over a week of looking for electrical problems they finally went back to the vehicle and found that the timing belt is broke. I have searched this site for directions as I will need to attempt this myself, out of cash to pay them. I am hoping that someone will share a link to a video or step by step instructions for replacing the belt? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I called the dealer to ask if the engine is ruined as the belt broke while driving. They told me the Dodge Caravan 2.4 is a non-interference engine so I should be able to repair the belt. They said use a complete kit, water pump, timing belt, tensioner, and new power steering and ac belts.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: STRANDED 03 Caravan SE 2.4 stalled while driving Help