Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: ABS light - scanner indicates ALL 4 wheel sensors... ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 06:33 PM
shuriken
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light - scanner indicates ALL 4 wheel sensors... ???

ABS light came on and the traction control button doesn't work. What I didn't expect was the scanner tool at the shop to report a sensor problem at all 4 wheel positions.

Since I haven't found an ABS troubleshooting chart specific to this 2007 SXT, I wondered if any of you have seen this before.

If it were a pump problem, wouldn't the computer throw a code for the pump itself?

I had the codes cleared and the light came back on when I drove down the road and reached about 15-20mph. It reported a problem on all 4 wheels again.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:28 PM
shuriken
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an alignment shop scan the computer memory and they claimed they drove the van down the road and read the codes. Apparently the rear left sensor wasn't working, threw a code, and this tripped the ABS light. I'm not sure if at that point the other sensors send failure codes or not. Anyway, the shop claimed it was a bad bearing that was the issue and wanted $350 total ($85 for alignment) for parts and labor to fix the issue.

I said thanks for the alignment, paid the $85, and took the van to the auto parts store where I bought a $25 dollar wheel sensor. Then I jacked up the van and spun the wheel and tried to rock the wheel and I couldn't detect any bearing problems at all. So I changed the wheel sensor and the ABS light went off the first time the computer detected speed input from it.

I don't know how the last code reader read problems with all sensors. That was confusing. Anyway, problem solved, money saved.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:04 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks for the update, Sometimes the cheaper scanners from AutoZone or sears maybe giving the wrong information.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: ABS light - scanner indicates ALL 4 wheel sensors... ???