Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Middle row bench seat questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 11:41 AM
johnwartjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle row bench seat questions

Greetings.

My sister has an 04 Grand Caravan. It has buckets in the middle, but she wants to convert it to the bench seat like some have, so she can put a 3rd passenger in the middle.

Is this possible? Are all the right fasteners in place to allow for things like seat belts, mounting brackets for the bench etc?

What year(s) can I pull a bench seat from, if so? I will of course need to match the interior color, so the more years I have to pick from, the better chance I have of getting something that is compatible. Should I look at any Plymouth models or Chrysler models that are 'compatible'?

One of my local junkyards has a 'half price' day this weekend, and they have 15 Caravans from 01-07, so hopefully I have a good chance of finding something.

Are there any specialized tools I should take that I might not otherwise take? I usually take sockets, a cheater bar, screwdrivers etc - but if any unusual bits are required to remove seat belts, etc, I need to know.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Old 10-21-2015, 08:19 PM
juan garcia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bench seat

I have a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan with the bench seat that only seats two people and I converted to the bucket seats. I have the stow and go seating and if you want the bench seat you need to make sure you pull the two mounting brackets that are in the floor compartment to make the change. Very easy to change out. Also you will need to change the floor plate as it is different for the bench seating. Hope it helps.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Middle row bench seat questions