Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Caravan lost power to right rear brake light turn signal and tail light

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 02:06 PM
MichaelZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Caravan lost power to right rear brake light turn signal and tail light

Hello.. first timer here at the Dodgeforum needing some help on my Mother's 2007 Dodge Caravan. Problem lost all power to right rear turn signal then to the right rear brake light and now the right rear tail light thats the order in which they stopped working. No power in the lamp socket and the fuse for the right rear lights is good. The left rear brake, turn and tail lights along with the 3rd top center brake light all work fine. I have traced the wires under the carpet found no breaks anywhere. I have read till im crossed eyed about BCM's, FCM's so anyone out there has any ideas or something i can try please let me know i would really appreciate it!! I did replace the brake lamp switch i got from a Dodge dealer still nothing.

Last edited by MichaelZ; 10-17-2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added Info
Old 10-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked for power at the assembly connector? Swap the light assemblies and see what happens.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:38 PM
MichaelZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to mention that Cougar41 i swapped lights left to right still nothing dead. And let me also add this that the reverse light is the only light on the right rear that has power and works. Any other ideas out there?

Old 10-20-2015, 12:01 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

If you have power at the connectors. You may have a bad ground. Since the other lamp assy does the same thing. Have you try to do a load test on the power circuits? That's were you make a headlamp bulb as a test lamp and the brighter the lamp gets, the better the load you have. If the bulb does light bright, then the wire is the problem.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2007 Caravan lost power to right rear brake light turn signal and tail light