Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Dodge Grand Caravan stalling

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 03:35 PM
frogbandit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Grand Caravan stalling

My Dodge Grand Caravan has lately been stalling within the first half mile of the house, but not every time. Sometimes it will do it twice, but most times it stalls once and then runs fine after. I took it to the dealer to see if it could be related to the recall for the wireless ignition module, but they didn't think so. The dealership gave the following codes:

C121C - torque request signal denied
P129E - Inverter Control Circuit overcurrent
B21A1 - ECU reset/recovery occurred
B21A1 - ECU reset/recovery occurred

I thought there was a chance that water got in the gas because when the problem started I had a code, which I forget the exact code, for air leak in the fuel system. My wife had not tightened on the gas cap. However, she also took it through the car wash. I put Seafoam into the gas. My wife then had problems with it starting - a new issue. I put a second can through and the van would start, but again stalled out within half mile of house. I tried multiple restarts while test driving in neighborhood, but it would only do it while it was cold.

Can any of the above codes cause the stalling issue?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:26 AM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

C121c -TORQUE REQUEST SIGNAL DENIED
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/dr..._document1.pdf

this is what I got from a google. this could be a safety issue with braking. expecially hard breaking. see if you get this corrected. could be also main pcm. they known to fail in 2010's what my mechanic atleast said.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:44 PM
frogbandit
Default Does the code cause stalling

Thank you for replying.

I understand I will have to fix all the codes being thrown, but I am trying to figure out if fixing those issues will fix my biggest issue of the van stalling. Can C121C cause stalling?

I am trying to determine if it is worthwhile to fix the van or if the cost will make it more worthwhile to buy a new van.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:11 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Which model year and type of engine is your vehicle?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Dodge Grand Caravan stalling