Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2003 dodge caravan wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 01:55 PM
speedtigger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 dodge caravan wont start

I have a dodge 2003 dodge caravan 3.3l V6, the other day my wife was driving it to pickup the kids from school. She said it sputtered and she puled into a parking space, then it died and would not restart. it had just over a quarter of tank of fuel in it at the time.

all the lights are strong with the key in the ignition, tried jumping it also. I thought I could hear the fuel pump clicking when I tried to turn it over, cant find the Schrader valve to check fuel pressure. I did check the starter relay and starter wire for continuity and it was good. the engine does start for a few seconds when using starter fluid in the air intake.

I did replace the cam position sensor when it died last year with similar symptoms.

I am wondering if it is the fuel pump or the sensor has gone bad again.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:37 PM
speedtigger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changed out the camshaft sensor and no change. Decided to try and put some gas in it despite the gauge reading 1/4. After letting the fuel pump cycle a few times it started and ran. I drove it to the gas station and filled it up. While getting gas the pump kept shutting of continually as if it had air or was already full. Managed to get 12 gallons in it.

Old 04-11-2016, 10:20 AM
offgas
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fueling problem could be a kinked vent hose by the tank or a stuck/sticking rollover valve in the tank.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2003 dodge caravan wont start