Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Pioneer AVH-4100NEX + Backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:45 AM
hawkbug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVH-4100NEX + Backup camera

I'm working on a 2012 Dodge Caravan SXT for a friend, and he purchased a Pioneer AVH-4100NEX and Backup camera. I'm soldering the wiring harness together tonight before the install, but I have a question. I don't have the van in front of me at the moment, but I will on Saturday. The question I have is this: where can I find the reverse sensor wire, so that the head unit knows the van is in reverse? On Toyotas I have put this deck in, I tapped off a wire near the fuse box - but I was easily able to find a diagram and use it. For this Caravan, I can find no such diagram. Can anybody tell me where that 12v sensor wire should be tapped into? I have this dash kit and wiring harness for him:

https://www.amazon.com/DODGE-2008-CA...wiring+harness

The oddest thing about the wiring harness is that the ignition wire is not part of it, but a separate wire? I'm so confused and I'm hoping the removal of the factory deck will put that second question to rest. I'm most concerned about the reverse sensor wire at the moment.