Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 05 GC with 3.3 won't start, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 09:56 AM
ljinnc
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 GC with 3.3 won't start, HELP

Hello, I have a 2005 GC with 3.3 that won't start. I have changed sensors, coil, wires, crankshaft sensor, all with no effect. Engine will not fire. I think I need another ECM. If I get one at the salvage yard will it work or must it be dealer programmed? Thanks for your help.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:15 AM
huskydave
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you change pcm and you have skim (chip key ) GREY KEY it needs to be flashed and programed for your keys if that pcm had keys programed in it. If you have the BLACK KEY (no chip) You can just swap out the pcm with a pcm from a non skim van I was told the body control unit from a skim van would reprogram a non skim pcm but i have never tried it, but....... if your pcm is fried whatever caused that example: shorted injector wire will fry your swapped pcm. I would take the van to someone who has a good scan tool/scope or get them to come to where the van is and see if it is throwing codes and start testing everything, always test first find the problem them replace the part, my .02

Last edited by huskydave; 01-09-2017 at 10:27 AM.