Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Random missfire with a story

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:06 PM
Copedawg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy All!
This is a quick "update" My buddy found some "Sea Foam" in a spray. While he was spraying it in the intake with his son "revving" it up (not like a race car but easy enough to burn it as it was introduced) and it ran well...while the spray was burning. It went back to its normal rough idle and symptoms as described above.
I bring this up because there is another factor that I forgot/neglected to include (there always is in threads like these for some reason) during his "maintenance day". He took off chunk of intake to clean it. It is the piece of intake that has a "butterfly" damper on it. He took out/off the electrical/electronic pieces and soaked it in fuel/gas overnight and then cleaned all the gunk off the best he could and reinstalled it. This may be factor in the equation as well. Any thoughts about that step )or misstep)?

He did pull the plug out and it doesn't look bad. It was not broken like other one(s) that were in that cylinder.
My buddy has the weight of life on his shoulders right now...car problems...life problems...you know how we all get down every now and then. So hopefully with in a few days I will help him take some cylinder pressure readings. I was thinking about recording the suspected bad cylinder and then recording 2 or 3 cylinders up front (the easier ones to get to) and see how much of a difference there is. We will post our findings here in hopes you all can help guide us to the next step.
Is there anything else we can do...or don't do? Or check?
As always, Thank you for reading, thinking and responding.
Copedawg

Old 02-15-2017, 12:38 AM
Copedawg

Howdy Everyone!
Sorry for the tardiness. My buddy finally rose above the Tack Auto parts and went to the stealership. Plugs, Wires, Coil Pack and $300 beans later his vehicle is running as smooth as a babies butt! It is absolutely AMAZING what those dealer parts made! I still don't know how the Track Auto parts could leave such a long line of fudged up codes and running like poop and it seemed like it was forever changing symptoms. Ya get what ya pay for I spose.
Thanks again for the help and support Everyone!
Until next time,
Copedawg out :-)

Old 02-15-2017, 10:24 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Copedawg
Howdy Everyone!
Sorry for the tardiness. My buddy finally rose above the Tack Auto parts and went to the stealership. Plugs, Wires, Coil Pack and $300 beans later his vehicle is running as smooth as a babies butt! It is absolutely AMAZING what those dealer parts made! I still don't know how the Track Auto parts could leave such a long line of fudged up codes and running like poop and it seemed like it was forever changing symptoms. Ya get what ya pay for I spose.
Thanks again for the help and support Everyone!
Until next time,
Copedawg out :-)

There is an aftermarket parts quality CRISIS ongoing. It's beyond ridiculous.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Copedawg

Originally Posted by TNtech
There is an aftermarket parts quality CRISIS ongoing. It's beyond ridiculous.
I spose there is....I guess if you buy "Dollar Store" stuff....you are gone get "Dollar Store" quality. You would like they would have a standard of some sort...not just if it fits, it works