Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Dodge Caravan left tire rubbing during turns

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 12:21 PM
Vikingtu
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Caravan left tire rubbing during turns

I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan. I have an issue with my Town and Country which is very similar to my Dodge and I am hoping someone here can help with the Chrysler. The issue I am having is when I make a left turn, the inside of the tire is rubbing against the frame. I have not changed tires or rims. The front end seems tight as well as the ball joints. The only thing that was changed was the right tie rod and a right axle (cv joints) but this was months ago. Nothing was changed on the left side were the issue is occurring. As mentioned this happens during tight left turns. I attached a copy of the tire rubbing against the wheel well. (Vikingtu@gmail.com)

Attached Thumbnails Dodge Caravan left tire rubbing during turns-left-tire.jpg  
Old 03-30-2017, 12:46 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Are the tires stock size?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:40 AM
Vikingtu
Amateur

Yes, same tires that have been on the car for years. Very odd that it would just start doing this.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:32 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Struts have likely settled with age, which is making it ride slightly lower. Doesn't take much to cause rubbing issues.
I've had this on both my Voyagers, 1 after lowering, the other after the struts had started wearing out.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Vikingtu
Amateur

Thanks for the post.