Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Need help!! 06 dodge caravan ticking & stalling

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Jojo41
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help!! 06 dodge caravan ticking & stalling

I have a 06 caravan V6 that drives fine but for some reason lately it has been making a loud ticking or clicking noise. Sounds like it's coming from under the car & it stall out & does no want to crank back up. It has oil just changed the plugs & wireset. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 06 caravan v6 that drives fine but for some reason lately it has been making a loud ticking or clicking noise and then it stalls out. I've changed the plugs and wireset & the oil but can't seem to figure out what the problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jkeaton; 05-16-2017 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 05-16-2017, 08:32 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Welcome to DF! Check out the Caravan section.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:49 AM
Jojo41

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Welcome to DF! Check out the Caravan section.
Thanks will do! Still trying to figure this site out!

Old 05-27-2017, 09:30 PM
mirageman
Professional

Originally Posted by Jojo41
I have a 06 caravan V6 that drives fine but for some reason lately it has been making a loud ticking or clicking noise. Sounds like it's coming from under the car & it stall out & does no want to crank back up. It has oil just changed the plugs & wireset. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 06 caravan v6 that drives fine but for some reason lately it has been making a loud ticking or clicking noise and then it stalls out. I've changed the plugs and wireset & the oil but can't seem to figure out what the problem is? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
do you have the check engine light on? Even if you don't, you might have a pending code or codes. Do the "key trick" to pull any codes. Get in the driver's seat. Put the key in, go to on, back to off, back to on, back to off and then go to on and wait a second. It will display the code or codes on the odometer. If you have no codes, it will just spell out "done". Now, by "on" I mean on position, not on as in starting the van and on. You have to be pretty quick, don't take half a second at each turn, it should be less than half a second at each stop. On, off, on, off, on and wait. click click click click click and wait. Don't let the chimes or the fuel pump noise bug you while you're doing this. If you're slow, it won't work. Then google the code and let us know.

Old 05-27-2017, 09:39 PM
mirageman
Professional

Originally Posted by Jojo41

Well, I hope it is not your flexplate/torque converter bolts coming loose and banging against the engine. I had that happen on a 98 caravan because the guy who rebuilt the transmission did not use threadlock on those bolts. They came loose 500 miles away from home on the way back from florida, got steadily louder and louder. They didn't come loose all the way, but they cut their own track on the aluminum!

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Need help!! 06 dodge caravan ticking & stalling