Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Van keeps getting worse

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Nicole Swaney
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Van keeps getting worse

So i have a 2006 Dodge caravan. We have replaced
a bad radiator, a bad starter, plugs and plug wires and a cam shaft position sensor...since then it still has trouble starting....still throwing tons of codes....and now is jerking when i drive it. Here are all my codes P0404 0325 0300 0301 0304 0522 0340 0335. What is wrong with this thing? Money is short and be a bit before i can bring to mechinic.

Old 08-18-2017, 06:59 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

404 EGR
325 Knock Sensor
300 Multiple cylinder misfire
301 Cylinder 1 misfire
304 Cylinder 4 misfire
522 Oil Pressure Sensor
340 Camshaft Sensor
335 Crankshaft Sensor

For specifics on these codes go here: https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

Anytime you have codes for multiple senors you need to check for each sensor's reference voltage and ground. A single wire can feed power or ground to several sensors. If missing it means either a broken wire or a bad PCM. A digital multimeter can be had for $20 or even less at Walmart, Sears, Harbor Freight etc. Cam and crank sensor power at both sensors is at pin #1 - should be 8 vdc. Ground is pin #2 at both. Should see 12vdc at pin #2 of the EGR solenoid. The oil and knock sensors have their own separate dedicated source.

301, 304, and 300 codes - I'm assuming you have the 6 cylinder 3.3 or 3.8 ltr engine. First, the 300 code is caused by the fact you have misfires on more than one cylinder. Your ignition coil pack has 3 coils. The middle coil fires cylinder 1 and 4. Misfires on both could indicate a bad coil pack, an open wire feeding ground to the coil, or a bad PCM. How to determine which is bad? First check the plug wire connections making sure they are tight. Disconnect the coil pack connector and connect a test light ($10) at pin 4 (dark blue/tan wire). Now crank the engine. The test light should blink. If it stays on your PCM is bad. If it doesn't light at all that wire may be broken or the PCM is bad. That wire goes to pin 3 on connector C1 at the PCM.https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/up...150553_pcm.jpg Check it's continuity using the ohms function of a multimeter. If you see one ohm or less the wire is good. In that case your PCM is bad. The PCM is the powertrain control module and controls engine and transmission functions.

Some of these codes can be induced by the other codes so if you fix one you're likely to clear other codes.

Last edited by Cougar41; 08-18-2017 at 07:13 PM.