Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Coolant pipe to the back

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:15 PM
blubomber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant pipe to the back

hello,

i have a '13 SXT and my wife called me today with a coolant leak underneath and just to the rear of the passenger side. we got the van home and when i jacked it up, there was a rubber hose with a gash in it where the coolant was gushing from. Well i got the hose out and i am getting a replacement.

But i am wondering where these lines go. i traced them to the rear passenger side and they go up into the body just in front of the rear passenger side wheel well.

i have attached pictures of the hose before and after removal.

PS. can replace the hose clamps with screw type clamps?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Coolant pipe to the back-20170824_133141.jpg   Coolant pipe to the back-20170824_144618.jpg  
Old 09-16-2017, 09:05 PM
mike L
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blubomber
hello,

i have a '13 SXT and my wife called me today with a coolant leak underneath and just to the rear of the passenger side. we got the van home and when i jacked it up, there was a rubber hose with a gash in it where the coolant was gushing from. Well i got the hose out and i am getting a replacement.

But i am wondering where these lines go. i traced them to the rear passenger side and they go up into the body just in front of the rear passenger side wheel well.

i have attached pictures of the hose before and after removal.

PS. can replace the hose clamps with screw type clamps?

Thanks
yes. It goes up to a heater core (small radiator) and a fan blower hot air for the back.