Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 caravan 3.3l engine is on but not forward and reverse in any gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 08:08 PM
Ming Liu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 caravan 3.3l engine is on but not forward and reverse in any gear

Hello everyone, my caravan has a wired problem.
The engine can start normally but the car did not move any more in "D" and "R" gear. No error code and alarm.
I just change the battery ,the sparkle plug and the bulb of the back turning light. The new parts all work very well.
How to solve the problem? Please help me. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:16 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Sounds like a transmission problem. Need to get it checked by a qualified transmission shop.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Ming Liu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Sounds like a transmission problem. Need to get it checked by a qualified transmission shop.
Thank you for your help. I think I have found the problem. A couple of days before, I checked my car and found that one bolt was loosen. It show in the picture.

After I made it fasten, the car couldn't move in D and R gear. So I made it loosen a little and the car could move forward and reverse.

But now there is a new problem. When I drove my car, the transmission didn't work well in gearing up. The error code is P0733 and P0734.

I checked on the website that the codes mean "Gear 3 and 4 Incorrect Ratio". Is that serious? How can I repair the problem. Is that error code related to the bolt in the picture?

Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thank you very much.