Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Normal or abnormal transmission shifting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 01:31 PM
Mighty_Mike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Normal or abnormal transmission shifting?

Hi everyone,

I recent purchased a 2013 Caravan with 3.6 Pentastar. I have tried numerous searches to find out whether this is normal but was not successful. It currently has 77,000 kms and has been fairly well maintained. The transmission fluid has not been changed but the previous owner has had the computer flashed at the dealership. The transmissionfluid is at a correct level. I have checked it using the oil dip stickmethod at cold start. I am not using the Econ mode.

The symptom:
The van shifts fine from 1-4, what I would consider normal. But has a distinct pause when it goes from 4-5 and 5-6. It feels as though it briefly goes into neutral and goes into the next gear. When this happens,
tachometer tachometer
either stays or goes up just a smidge.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I am planning on a pan drop, filter change, and refill soon and will be installing
Dorman pan Dorman pan
with a drain plug. But, if the symptom I describe is abnormal, I would like have it looked by dodge before the power train warranty expires.

Thank you