Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Where do you go for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 10:44 PM
Arsenul
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you go for parts?

I'm looking at ebay and all that but I was curious where you go for parts. I know I'll need new front and back breaks, a new muffler and tailpipe because the current one broke off, and much more. So I wanted to know where you choose to go for the parts that you need.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:03 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I shop around online and my local parts store. Go for the best price. Rock auto, Amazon, eBay, AutoZone, advance auto, etc. depends on what parts you are looking for.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:24 PM
Arsenul

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I shop around online and my local parts store. Go for the best price. Rock auto, Amazon, eBay, AutoZone, advance auto, etc. depends on what parts you are looking for.
Cheers. I know the biggest thing I'll need is the muffler and tailpipe. Here's what it current looks like. It's loud as hell and is only being held up by a clothes hanger. Only thing is when I check at ebay, this is what I see as the current most affordable. I don't see any gaskets with this though. Does it not require any?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-1997-1...-/192251595714

Old 01-23-2018, 12:06 AM
Arsenul

Any ideas on how long filters keep for on the shelf? Would like to get a couple now while I have money for it before I need to do the fluid flush's.

Old 01-28-2018, 01:29 AM
mirageman
Professional

It depends....If there are women and/or children around, I'll go to the bathroom to part. But if no one is around, or I'm with close friends, I just let 'er rip right there and do this kinda flappy thing with my pants to air it out.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:15 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Arsenul
Any ideas on how long filters keep for on the shelf? Would like to get a couple now while I have money for it before I need to do the fluid flush's.
20-30 years at least. Filters on the shelf do not go bad. Lol

Quick Reply: [General]: Where do you go for parts?