Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

562 error code

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 04:43 PM
AnglqBorgmeyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 562 error code

Grand Caravan Crew, 2011, 90k miles
Was backed into on 1/5, took the van to the repair shop on 1/25, and got it back yesterday, 1/31. On my way home the message center said I needed an oil change, and that my front right light was out. I stopped and got an oil change and they said the light wasn't out, it was just on, not blinking. They changed the oil and broke the oil filter canister cap, so I headed to the auto parts shop to order a new one. While on the way to the parts store my check engine light came on. I got to the shop, ordered a replacement oil filter canister cap, and had them check the error code. Had them test the battery and it registered as fine. A guy in the shop suggested that something that was done when repairing the driver's side quarter panel could have affected the wiring and it could be throwing an invalid code. Is this even possible? If not, where do I start trouble shooting since the battery tests fine?

Old 02-01-2018, 04:45 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

Did they test the alternator?

Wrong section as well, moving to caravan section.

Quick Reply: 562 error code