Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: New 2017 Grand Caravan Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018 | 06:16 PM
Northicefisher
|
Default New 2017 Grand Caravan Clicking Noise

I am a new member to this board so first off hello to all existing members. My wife just purchased her first new vehicle it is a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. It only has 250 kilometers on it. When the vehicle is in park or reverse there is no clicking sound. When the vehicle is in drive and standing still there is a repetitive clicking noise which seems to cycle every 10 to 15 seconds or so. I think it might be coming from the transmission area. If I was to describe the sound it would be like "click click click click pop" Pause 10 seconds and repeat. It is fairly quiet and you can only hear it if you are listening for it outside of the vehicle. I plan on taking it to the dealer as I've never heard a sound like this before but it might be normal. If anyone has any thoughts on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 11-19-2020 | 04:33 PM
Shmit14

Did the dealer ever figure out this clicking noise. My van recently started making this noise. I first noticed it in a drive thru and now I hear it all the time when standing still.

Old 12-21-2020 | 08:32 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Shmit14
Did the dealer ever figure out this clicking noise. My van recently started making this noise. I first noticed it in a drive thru and now I hear it all the time when standing still.
Sorry for the trouble! If you are still experiencing this concern and need to work with your dealer, our team is always a private message away and more than willing to provide support through that process.

Mark
DodgeCares

Old 05-11-2022 | 12:48 PM
Tmarie
Default Same issue

I too am experiencing this clicking and popping recycling noise with my 2019 Caravan. I first noticed it at the drive-thru also. It does not seem to matter if the vehicle is idling in park or not because I hear it on quite morning commute’s when waiting at a traffic light. I have also tried turning the heat/air off thinking perhaps the associated sound was with the hvac. It does to seem to be heard primarily on the driver side, but also from the underside of the vehicle’s hood compartment. Please let me know if there’s been any updates on resolving this or if there’s been a determined on what is causing it.

I did purchase this vehicle certified-used and would greatly appreciate any updates.

Last edited by Tmarie; 05-11-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: New 2017 Grand Caravan Clicking Noise