Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: dashboard sounds absent

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2022 | 07:34 PM
rustyconc
|
Default dashboard sounds absent

Hi

All dashboard sounds have stopped in our 2016 caravan. No chimes or turn signal clicks. Everything else functions as normal. Does anyone have any insight on a fuse or fault location that could be responsible? I have seen posts about an (unrepairable) EMIC, which doesn't seem to be available as a part to purchase. Probably have to replace the whole instrument cluster but holding out faint hope for an alternative .

Thanks
Russell

Old 05-11-2022 | 01:51 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Is the battery fully charged? If it is, Check your owners manual and find out where the flasher is for the turn signals. Next did you have the van scan for codes?

Old 05-11-2022 | 02:15 PM
rustyconc
|

Originally Posted by master tech
Is the battery fully charged? If it is, Check your owners manual and find out where the flasher is for the turn signals. Next did you have the van scan for codes?
Thanks for responding. Yes, the battery is fully charged. All other electronics work fine, including the turn signals (outside) and arrow indicators (in the intrument cluster). I don't understand what you mean regarding where the flasher is for the turn signals... the manual mentions flashers several times, but only in regard to the lights (on the outside of the vehicle). Taking it for scanning is the next step, I guess.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: dashboard sounds absent