Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

My van won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Yarkeliz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My van won't start

Hello everyone, my name is yarkeliz I'm from Panama, my English is not perfect, I'll do my best to explain what's going on. i have a dodge caravan 2003 3.3, so the thing is it won't start, when i turn the key there's no sound, no noise at all, not even the starter cracks NOTHING!!!i can't even hear the gas passing through sound it makes before starting. So a mecanic said it was the computer gone bad, i was ready to give up, it had been 2 weeks my car wouldn't start, when i tried to start the car 2 weeks ago and all of a sudden it started but it turned off by itself 2 minutes later, so i know the computer is ok, the thing is a neighbor of mine came and used the scanner and it throws P0725 and p0740 that's it,it haven't start since that day.the battery is brand new,the transmission was overhauled 6 months ago, and is working perfectly. We replaced the transmission selenoid recently and the starter sensor thinking it could be the problem, but crearly it is not. the worst part is that where i live there's no mecanic specialized on these cars, most of the just don't wanna deal with it, they said i don't handle these kind of cars, only kia, toyota, nissan lol any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Old 02-05-2018, 10:19 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Does anything at all happen when you turn the key on? Lites in the dash come on? Etc??

Welcome to DF! Moving this to the caravan section for you.

Old 02-05-2018, 10:22 AM
Yarkeliz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, dashboard lights turn on, but when i turn the key i can only hear a click on the relay that's it, i feel as if it's blocked

Old 02-06-2018, 10:29 AM
cv2003
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First try swapping the starter relay with one of the others (same number). If that doesn't fix the no-start, then try to jump the relay to see if the starter spins. If you're not able to do that, then this forum is not going to be able to help you. The P0725 code has nothing to do with the non-start, and should be diagnosed by first checking the speed sensor wires (where they are bent backwards).

Old 02-07-2018, 09:38 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had luck with shooting graphite into the lock cylinder. It's not a permanent fix but it got me by for a year.

Quick Reply: My van won't start