Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Cost of replacing an engine and/or a transmission on a Dodge Grand Caravan 2010

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 06:19 PM
jzapin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost of replacing an engine and/or a transmission on a Dodge Grand Caravan 2010

I'm thinking of buying a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan that has been converted into a campervan. (The company is called Jucy and it's model is the trailblazer.)

The vehicle has about 170K miles on it but has very well maintained. I will only be using it for trips, so I only expect to put about 4-5K/year on the vehicle.

Still, with that many miles, an engine and/or transmission replacement seems likely.

Does anyone know how much that would cost? I'm not mechanically inclined, so I would need someone to do it.

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the cost.

Let me know.

Thanks.

JZ

Old 02-12-2018, 07:19 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Depends on the area you live, labor rates and what all will need to be done. Better to call a few transmission shops in your area and ask.

Quick Reply: [General]: Cost of replacing an engine and/or a transmission on a Dodge Grand Caravan 2010