Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: '07 GC SXT Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Hockeyhead777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 GC SXT Stereo

Hey, folks!

My Fiancee just picked up a '07 GC SXT and is having issues with the factory-installed stereo. The originally-installed system is Stereo with 1-disc CD Player, Cassette Player, and 6-disc DVD player.

She wants to replace the stereo with one that does not have a Cassette player and I was wondering what suggestions anyone may have for a replacement? What we are considering looking for is an interface that includes at least 1 CD with either an Aux Input and/or Bluetooth compatibility as well as the option to continue using the DVD player (which has no problems).

I've been looking at various Double DIN replacements that might serve her needs, but I am not entirely sure what sort of wiring change will need to occur nor am I certain that the DVD Player interface will still be functioning.

I did a few searches for replacements, but I have not received any definite answer as to an appropriate replacement as of yet.

Thanks for your time!
~Alan

Old 03-07-2018, 07:44 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Go to crutchfield.com.They provide you with everything you need for a plug and play installation.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:08 PM
Hockeyhead777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Go to crutchfield.com.They provide you with everything you need for a plug and play installation.
Yep! Checked there and they have some good alternatives, but I'm just looking for some advice as to what's good and what's bad out there. Also, a concern for me is that I need to make sure she has a new stereo that she'll be able to control from the Steering Wheel just like the factory one.

I'm also concerned with trying to find the right model for her in that I want to know if there are any touchscreen-capable models out there that have DVD player interactivity wherein the movie can play on both the Dash display as well as the pull-down screen in the back?

Last edited by Hockeyhead777; 03-08-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: '07 GC SXT Stereo