Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Best fix for antifreeze leak at rear of van

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 03:48 PM
tusharriv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best fix for antifreeze leak at rear of van

Hello. We had a puddle of antifreeze around our rear passenger wheel today on our 2012 GC. A quick look confirmed that the one hose back there has a drip coming from it where it connects back up underneath the van. I have been searching around to find the best fix for this, and a lot of the posts seem to be about older Caravans. Is the best route to cut this out and replace with rubber hose? If so, what size hose should I get? When I cut the line will antifreeze some streaming out? If this isn't the best way to do it, how should I approach this? Thanks!

Old 05-06-2018, 05:37 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you sure it is antifreeze?
The lines in your pictures are A/C lines, and it is normal for there to be condensation from the evaporator dripping in that area when the A/C is running.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:42 PM
tusharriv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it was antifreeze because of the neon green color. It had a slight oily feel though. It seems to be coming out right at the top of that line. Thanks for your help.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:15 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The neon color is most likely fluorescent dye in the A/C system (I have heard they come from the factory with dye in the system). That is a very common location for A/C leaks.

Your coolant should be a pinkish color, and the rear lines enter the van just in front of the wheel well.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Best fix for antifreeze leak at rear of van