Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: GRand Caravan 94 Electric Short Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 03:12 PM
MartySzy1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GRand Caravan 94 Electric Short Issue

Heres one for you...94 Grand Caravan AWD 141k power door locks on passenger side started jumping up and down a couple months ago, cut wire to sliding door lock actuator as it is sealed shut...lock on passenger door dead so installed a new actuator like I had done on driver side door a few years before. Actuator melted. Looking for the relay for door locks assuming it is in the body control module computer in lower dash as I can hear it clicking there. When the passenger lock was trying to work I could hear the relay fluttering. New battery a few weeks ago but van was dead yesterday but started after charger was on for 25 minutes. Parasitic power loss from fused or bad relay in body computer? Installed an infinity powered sub a while back and I put a switch on the constant power wire to see if thats where its drawing from but have an identical sub in my other car a 97 C230 Benz and there isnt an issue with that. I removed the BCM to try to see if there was a visible issue but both relays looked the same. Installed a new IAC and it actually idles up when cold like it should...progress at least. Almost time to bend up some 22ga and seal up the lower rocker panels so it will pass inspection again. Thank u all!

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: GRand Caravan 94 Electric Short Issue