Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 carvan rear ac issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 08:35 AM
lazymofony
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 carvan rear ac issue

Hello All

I have a 2010 dodge caravan, I noticed today that when the AC is on I'm getting cold are out the front from whatever vents I chose but in the back cold air is only coming out of the vent located on the passenger side near the floor the upper ceiling vents have no air flow.. I know the upper vents are not for hot air but I did check and when I have heat on the lower rear vent is pushing hot out and upper vents nothing . I guess there is a switch somewhere in the system to divert the air between upper and lower can someone help me out with the correct name and location of it?

please help

Old 05-26-2018, 11:55 AM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lazymofony
...I guess there is a switch somewhere in the system to divert the air between upper and lower can someone help me out with the correct name and location of it?...
On the Chrysler parts site is is shown as part humber: 68299450AA, ACTUATOR. A/C and Heater.

It is commonly know as a Blend Door Actuator.

It is on the rear A/C / Heater unit located at the far right rear of the van. See item #2 at the following link:
https://www.factorychryslerparts.com...category=20300

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 carvan rear ac issue