Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[2nd Gen : 91-95]: 94 Parasitic Drain Issues on Locks

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 08:44 AM
MartySzy1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Parasitic Drain Issues on Locks

Ty. I will tell you the whole story about this. First the sliding pass door which is screwed sealed shut lock started fluttering i could hear relays in the dash doing the same thing I popped door card cut one wire to actuator and it stopped then the pass door did it I unhooked the actuator figuring it was shorting the side got a cheap replacement like I put on the drivers door it actually melted when hooked up. So I replaced lock relays behind ash tray took out the Body Control Module and the Entry receiver to see if the yellow light indicating charge on the external charger I am using to keep the battery charged for more than 3 days dimmed. Didnt stop it. time to trace the wireing with a leak tracer to find it its a quest now. Thinking now the sliding door frame to door contacts may be shorting. I dont care if the power locks dont work just want the power drain to stop. New alternator and battery last year. Van still runs great and AWD in winter is the best. Got the steel to cut and bend to cover usual sill rot before Inspection here is Massachusetts. And its full of carpentry tools that would be hard to fit in my 97 C230.Any thoughts on where to look next?

Quick Reply: [2nd Gen : 91-95]: 94 Parasitic Drain Issues on Locks