Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Snapped Bolt-How Do I get It Out

Old 05-29-2018, 07:27 AM
dragonslayer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snapped Bolt-How Do I get It Out

Hey all.
Changed the front brakes on my 06 Grand Caravan and the driver's side front wheel hub assembly. Couple of problems. The head of the10mm bolt holding the ABS sensor to the steering knuckle snapped leaving the entire threaded shank intact. I purchased a 1/4 inch bolt extractor bit but it wouldn't bite into the bolt. I was using an old electric drill. Is it possible the drill didn't have enough RPM's to do the job or is it something else entirely? Also, when attempting to bleed the brakes, my son rounded over the front driver's side bleeder screw and am having a rough time trying to loosen it. Took car to my mechanic for oil change and asked him to see if he could loosen it. When I got back he said he couldn't loosen it and also broke off the nipple.Sprayed with PB Blaster and even tried loosening it with vice grips. Suggestions please.

What is the correct length for the replacement 10mm bolt for the ABS sensor.

What is your take on quick bleeder screws? I purchased two at Pep Boys and was able to replace the front right bleeder. It made bleeding the right side quick and painless.

Thanks.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:21 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

if the bleeder is snapped off flush with the caliper...use an extractor. I would first, with a torch, heat the bleeder cherry red and quench it with water. repeat 6x and then try an extractor. protect the flex line with a wet rag. If you can't get it out this way...new caliper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Snapped Bolt-How Do I get It Out