Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2011 grand caravan transmission whine

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 06:30 PM
maxs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 grand caravan transmission whine

my wifes 2011 caravan transmission started making a very bad whining noise today ..she called me at work as she was stuck on the interstate car not moving...i arrived and made her drive my truck and i drove it home in manual shift mode shifting the gears manually but it was whining bad i thought it may be low of fluid but no leaks anywhere i checked the fluid level with a makeshift dipstick ( as they dont have one) it didnt seem low ... then i started to think either torque converter or valve body issues... the codes thrown were as follows..p0868,p0733,p083B,p0846,p0841, so im thinking some type of solenoid on the valve body has malfunctioned and or that caused a chain reaction of all the other codes as before this happened no codes or chk engine light at all and it ran and shifted great....i do how ever have a link to a youtube video with the exact same noise if its ok to post the link ....if not let me know and ill remove it...
https:// www. youtube. com/watch?v= alypDKUUqbA

i added spaces so it wouldnt link to the site just remove the spaces ...this video has exactally the same noise if anyone can shed some light please do...thanks in advance

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2011 grand caravan transmission whine