Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: What do I need to upgrade my "Base Model 2008 Grand Caravan's" components?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 02:08 PM
Kristopher Johnson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What do I need to upgrade my "Base Model 2008 Grand Caravan's" components?

I have a 2008 Grand Caravan SE base model. Have you upgraded any Base model options yourself after you bought your van or have done it for someone else or that can point me into the right direction for some good info on this subject. Looking for information like, "To enable this 'Option/feature' it requires 'Additional Component(s)' and/or 'Recommended but not Required Component(s).'"
--- A useful resource to look up connectors to see what they look like. http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm Also could be used to show ppl seeking help what something looks like.

Can I swap out a 'Clockspring' that has the 'Cruise Control Switch' built on with my Van and have a working Cruise Crontrol? Or do I have to add anything with it?

I also have a factory subwoofer enclosure and a factory subwoofer amplifier that I would like to hook up. I was hoping the Sub Amp wire harness was back there already. Can someone tell me the pinout for the stereo so I can wire this amp in up there? I need 12v constant, ground, 5v remote, +/- signal.

Also an issue I'm having is my Odometer says gate when I first start the Van. I'm assuming door/side door/rear door sensor bad? Locations of sensors? How to test? Would a broken 'Clockspring' show this behavior?

Old 08-31-2018, 05:24 AM
Kristopher Johnson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: What do I need to upgrade my "Base Model 2008 Grand Caravan's" components?