Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Driver Side Power Door Lock Not Working After Window Motor Repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 07:41 AM
dscharoun
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Driver Side Power Door Lock Not Working After Window Motor Repair

I have two 2011 Grand Caravans. Midas "repaired" the driver's side window motor on one of the vehicles, and replaced most of the internal door parts on the second vehicle. After the repairs, on both vehicles, the power lock button on driver side doesn't work, but the unlock does work. Also, the lock and unlock work fine on the passenger side buttons. .

Midas said I might have to have the computer "flashed" at the dealer, but I have gone that route yet.

If anyone has any information that could help me with this repair it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks. Dave

Old 08-25-2018, 06:00 PM
wrenching40plus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds fishy, but you might want to look for a "control module" repair guy via Google. I had a similar problem with a BMW for which the stealership wanted $800, and I had the control module rebuilt for $100. YMMV = your mileage may vary.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Driver Side Power Door Lock Not Working After Window Motor Repair